Bio-Med Tech-Girls is a collaboration with the UVa Department of Biomedical Engineering (BME), St. Anne's-Belfield School and Charlottesville Women in Tech. The experience provides an opportunity for high school students to get a hands-on, behind-the-scenes peek at biomedical research happening right now at UVA.
Thursday, August 6, 2015
Hi everyone! Today I chose to write about the Munson lab tour and guest speaker, Dasha Tyshlek. Right when Dasha started speaking about her inventions I was taken. She does the type of work that I one day hope to pursue. To know that someone who is just out of college is making things that could help patients almost be back to normal condition after surgery is incredible! As far as the Munson lab tour goes, I feel the same way about that. Because I have seen people go through cancer, I can personally connect so well to what we were shown. Knowing the fact that one day some cancer could be cured is an "out of this world" thought! Seeing the way cancer reacts with different somatic cells and how it spreads so rapidly really makes me want to help with finding cures some day. Well, that is all for now. I look forward to seeing y'all one last time tomorrow. Best, Morgan.