Rachel Smith: Rachel was very sweet and affable from the start. I loved, and still love, getting to know her and her past researches, and I especially am thankful for her eagerness to answer my many questions! The fact that she's spending a part of her summer helping us grow intellectually and providing us with amazing opportunities is very appreciated, so thank you, Rachel!! (By the way, your name is pretty dope.)
Nicole Deal: I admire how Dr. Deal took a chunk of her valuable time to come talk to us. I truly felt lucky to have gotten the chance to talk to such a successful, orthopedic surgeon, who is in fact the only female in her department. What really impacted my train of thought was when she told us that we have plenty of time to truly decide on what career we want to pursue in, and that she didn't even positively know what she wanted to pursue in during college. I've realized that I shouldn't try so hard to narrow my interests so quickly and to have an open, flexible mind. Thank you Dr. Deal for letting us steal some of your time!
Rachel