Bio-Med Tech-Girls is a collaboration with the UVa Department of Biomedical Engineering (BME), St. Anne's-Belfield School and Charlottesville Women in Tech. The experience provides an opportunity for high school students to get a hands-on, behind-the-scenes peek at biomedical research happening right now at UVA.
Tuesday, August 8, 2017
Monday reflection: Jade
I would say that I am most excited about this camp and the future of biotech because it involves creating something that can help the quality of life for all types of people. Especially for those who lead lifestyles that were forced upon them due to medicinal reasons.
Today's activities were a lot of fun and I really enjoyed the getting-to-know-you games as well as Tinker Cad and the Hummingbird Kit. While I had no experience with cad or the kit prior to today, it was intriguing to learn something new that I had not seen before. Also, I really liked learning about epilepsy and the seizures that it entails from our guest speaker. Most of the information was new to me, which definitely helped keep my attention. Overall, it was a great first day at camp!