I'm so thankful that Mrs. Kim, David Chen and the team at Tech-Girls have put together this inspiring camp for girls interested in BioMed!
The girls are all supportive and fun to hang out with. For example: working with Aditi on our virtual reality headsets was great, because we had lots of differences, talked a lot and worked together well. The speakers are clear and engaging, especially Jennifer Langer and David Chen. The activities are hands-on, interesting and teach me something. One of my favorites was story-boarding our therapeutic virtual reality game with Sekum and Jerica.
What's crazy to me is that BioMed spans so many categories. I thought that it was limited to prostheses and devices to extend limits. I learned that it's the study of how medicine and technology can help disabled people and cure diseases! I certainly didn't know that they can use virtual reality as motivation for therapy, and also as a distraction during uncomfortable and tedious procedures. It's so much more than meets the eye.
The one thing sad thing: there doesn't seem to ever be enough time! I would love to go more in-depth with nearly everything we're doing, especially virtual reality projects, but we just can't. After all, our families need to see us this week! Seriously, though, I could work on just virtual reality technologies and not be done in a month!