Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Tuesday reflections: Mriganka


This morning, I tried eating my breakfast without the use of my arms. The most challenging part about this assignment was actually getting food into my mouth, as I was eating biscuits and wanted to dip them into tea. I wasn't able to use my feet at the table, so I resorted to using my maxilla/mandible as multipurpose tools: I bit down on the biscuits to dip them into the tea, and then I dropped them on a plate and ate them. This was extremely frustrating, as the biscuits would often slip from my mouth and fall into the tea, resulting in me not being able to retrieve them as the diameter of the cup was smaller than the space needed for me to completely move my jaws and grab the biscuit. Since the tea was hot, the biscuits stuck in the cup became a squishy mess and dissolved in the tea. What surprised me the most about this assignment was how easy I thought eating biscuits with only my jaws would be, when in reality it was rather difficult. One would think that 15 minutes would be enough time for me to figure out away to merely dip biscuits in tea; unfortunately, however, the amount of time spent on this assignment was directly proportional to the amount of dissolved biscuits in my delicious English breakfast tea :(