What I am most excited about with biomedical engineering is how fast the career is growing, and how more and more people will be able to benefit from it. I think it is so important for technologies to keep getting innovated and improved upon, and I think this is a career that does just that. I think biomedical engineers use divergent thinking, and many different perspectives make this career such a unique and strong one. As this career becomes more popular, the technologies improve, and eventually more people will have access to them, which I think is really cool.
Today we made prototypes on devices that could people with sensory or motor disabilities or injuries. We used hummingbird, which is something I have never used, as well as the program Scratch, and another program with I forget the name of (which is similar to the Xbox connect sensors). My group and I designed something to help stroke recoverers and/or children do their rehab exercises in a more fun way. We designed a game on Scratch, which made doing repeated exercises seem more fun and interactive with technology.
-Kelly
Today we made prototypes on devices that could people with sensory or motor disabilities or injuries. We used hummingbird, which is something I have never used, as well as the program Scratch, and another program with I forget the name of (which is similar to the Xbox connect sensors). My group and I designed something to help stroke recoverers and/or children do their rehab exercises in a more fun way. We designed a game on Scratch, which made doing repeated exercises seem more fun and interactive with technology.
-Kelly