Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Day One Reflection:

Day One Reflection:

I did not get to post this yesterday because I did not understand the website, but I think I've got it now! In this bio medical engineering camp, I'm most excited to work with other females. A lot of the people who I have worked with in science courses outside of school, where it's required, were male and it's very refreshing to see all these women and girls interested in biological medical engineering, it reassures me that this field is for everyone, not just one specific gender. I'm also excited because this is a field that is very much still advancing as we speak. We are always looking for new solutions and there are still a lot of things that we haven't discovered yet in this field. I'm excited to make discoveries.

Today, we experimented using tools such as a "Hummingbird", and a "Leap". I worked specifically with the "Leap" on the program Scratch. With my group, I made a game to help with fine motor skills. Specifically gripping a pencil. We figured that the grip to hold a dart is similar to the grip used to hold a dart. Also, we thought that therapy would bore people much less and, if therapy can be, more fun. I think the project was pretty successful. We had a guest speaker today and what she told us about her work with disabled kids was very interesting. I liked her presentation a lot.