Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Empathy Assignment

I tried out the simulation with the tight quadricep by attaching a tube to my leg so it couldn't bend. It was really hard to walk and to do everyday things like sitting down and going up the stairs. It felt really weird using different muscles that I usually use when I do these things. Like going up the stairs, for instance. I had to use my core and outer hip muscles to help me get up the stairs and not just my legs. This assignment helped me walk in their shoes and to feel how hard everyday tasks are. It probably is really exhausting for them just to walk around the house sometimes. This assignment really helped me understand the limitations and struggles that they feel. (Definitely not all of them but a few of them). The video was a good way to show other people our experiences.
-Sarah Meng  Please include your video in your blog post for today. Also, reflect on: