The creativity and endless possibilities in biomedical technology are what make it exciting. I am most excited for when biomedical technology makes it possible for people who today do not have access to proper medical care are able to receive proper treatment due to biomedical technology that is engineered to be cost-effective and suit the individual.
Learning to use the Hummingbird was very engaging and interesting. I have never been very interested in robotics, but the Hummngbird definitely sparked an interest for it in me. It was also a good experience prototyping innnovative solutions to medical problems using the Hummingbird and Leap Motion. I very much enjoyed listening to the guest speaker who is a pediatrician. Her story was very inspiring, and it was very interesting to hear about the work she does with differently abled children around the world. It definitely seems like a very satisfying profession being able to help those in need on a global scale.
-Arghya S.