For me, the most exciting thing about the future of biotech is the creativity and ways you can go about implementing it. I love the fact that everyone can be helped by biotech because of all the creative ways in which you can make a prosthetic or a piece of furniture fit their needs. This helps to show the ways in which biotech may also improve in the upcoming years. I'm also really excited about wearable devices and seeing how they help to make the world more active and in-tune with their health. This would really help solve many of the problems we have right now with obesity and other health problems.
From today's activities, I found the works of our guest speaker, a pediatrician, the most interesting. I found it amazing that she was able to go and help all of those people and make such a big impact on their lives. I also really appreciate the fact that she works with the demographics she works with because it is often overlooked and forgotten. I also loved the happiness of the children in the pictures when they had all of their prosthetics on.
-Samhita Pendyal