Thursday, August 11, 2016

Thank You

I personally would like to first thank Susan Berres, an occupational therapist who came and spoke to us yesterday. I have a personal interest in occupational therapy and am considering it as a possible career path. I had already job-shadowed an occupational therapist for school, and getting to hear from another one, especially one who works specifically with children, was very informative and helpful for me. You gave me a greater overview of what an occupational therapist does, and you taught me how even very simple things can be used to help people.
I would also like to thank the whole group of UVa students who have helped us this week: Kate Donovan, Taisiya Novopachennaia, Heather Sledd, and Christina Stiebris. Your presentations on the design process have been very informative and helpful. It has been great to be able to interact with you as well and learn more about you all and what you do. Also, your creative games that you use to start the day are quite fun and entertaining. I have learned a lot from you all, and I have really appreciated your help and being able to ask you questions.
Finally, I would like to thank Kim Wilkins for her fantastic work on this program. From sending us daily emails to teaching to collecting materials for our design challenges to taking us from the hospital lobby to the classroom and back every day, you have helped each one of us so much. I am very grateful for everything you have poured into this program, which I am sure is much more than I even realize, and how dedicated you are to making this a great experience for all of us.
-Katie