I am very excited for the potential for biotech to help spread health to third-world countries, and help other people have access to similar healthcare as in the United States. I am also excited to see how different advances in other fields of engineering contribute to Bio-medical engineering, and the developing relationship between doctors and engineers. I also am just excited in general for the greater ability to help people, and hope that as technology develops, world health will improve a lot too.
Today we learned about bio-medical engineering and computer science, then worked some with Hummingbird kits and Lean motion sensors. Next we broke into groups and designed prototypes to help with fine motor skills or limb rehab using either the Hummingbirds or the Lean motion sensors. It was cool to figure out how these pieces of technology could be used to help people, even being designed by teenagers in one day. The speaker was also interesting, especially her points about technology being used for healthcare in third world countries. Overall, I learned a lot and met a lot of cool people today!
-Madison Crouch