Monday, August 8, 2016

Monday Reflection

Hearing the different ways that the undergraduates at UVA are helping out different people with biomedical engineering, makes me really wonder and become excited about the all the possible ways that future biomedical engineers will help be able people. With the rapidly growing world of technology, I think that biomedical engineering can really change the way of living in the next decade, even in the next few years. Also, I'm glad to see other girls interested in STEM-related fields. I'm on my school robotics team. There are only about five girls total out of the 30ish people on the 3 teams we have, so it's really great to see these many girls who have the same interests as me. 

The activities today were fun! The hands-on prototyping was great. I got to figure out how hummingbird works. It was also nice because I got to work with people I didn't know before. The speaker was really great. Her story about working with people around the globe and helping disabled people is the biggest reasons why I find biomedical engineering, and just engineering in general, so interesting. (To be able to travel around the world is a big plus too!)

-Sarah Meng