I am incredibly interested in the various advancements biotech has yet to discover. It amazes me how engineers are able to continuously create new inventions. For instance, although the ENIAC does not involve biology, it is an excellent example of how much each aspect of technology can improve and be altered to benefit the product's usability. My curiosity about what new products will be created to benefit those in need influences me to pursue Biotech. Also, it is great to see more women participating in the STEM field. I have enrolled in Computer Science classes at my high school and there has been an extreme contrast between the number of boys and girls. It's great to see other girls that have interests similar to mine!
The activity I enjoyed most today was creating prototypes using Hummingbird or Lean to help advance mobility. The assignment allowed me to be creative and think about realistic conflicts that could benefit from technological applications. The experience gave me a positive idea about what biotechnology really is. I am excited to more thoroughly learn about the area of study this coming week!
- Jane Romness