I'd like to first and foremost thank Kim Wilkens, the person who put this all together. Without her, I would not have this amazing experience of being able to tour all of these labs and meeting all of these guest speakers. I felt like this experience really opened up my eyes. It also showed me what exactly biomedical engineering was and how we need more females in this field. I really enjoyed making all of these prototypes and I felt like it also really helped me develop more of an understanding in biomedical engineering.
The second person I would like to thank is Dr. Rebecca Scharf, the pediatrician who talked to us about her work in Africa. I feel like that inspired me to do something that will also change the world in that way. I enjoyed learning about how all the kids fared in Africa and how their lives were impacted.
Thank you all so much for putting in your time and effort into this project!