I don't know how to get a video to attach to a blog post, so I will try to figure it out, but I thought that I should write out my thoughts about the exercise right now. I simulated tight quadriceps by attaching a field hockey stick to my leg.
1. I felt so constrained when doing this exercise. It was almost impossible for me to just sit down. Sitting is very important to my daily routine. Also, I live on the 3rd floor of my house, so walking up and down stairs is a very important part of my day. I cannot imagine it being as difficult for me as it was with the field hockey stick attached to me. I was so frustrated during the whole ten minutes I can't imagine what it feels like to live life like that.
2. I think that this exercise helped me a lot with my empathy towards people with cerebral palsy and other disabilities. It made me realize how frustrated and constrained they must feel. I felt so limited so they must feel like that all the time. It must be very difficult to live without being able to bend your knee, an essential thing for life. I mean I didn't really think about how essential bending your joints is, but it's very essential for life. I couldn't imagine how people lived in the hunter-gatherer times, then I realized that they didn't. This made me realize that we've came very far in medicine, so that we can make accommodations for people who need them.
3. I liked the video, but I don't now how to attach it so I just sent it to Ms. Wilkins. Other than that, it worked well.